Hanoi is crazy. It’s been 10 days since I moved, so I’m still very new and I guess it’s normal I feel this way, but seriously. Crazy. I rented out a motorbike 2 days ago, so I can finally ride around by myself, although I’m a bit afraid of doing so. Nobody out on the road here seems to care about any laws, which makes learning how to belong in the traffic even harder. But I taught a few more classes, and I went to another party yesterday. I guess I’m starting to belong. One of my biggest concerns is the lack of the oven of course (that party I went to yesterday? My friends have an amazing one, so I spent a better part of an hour falling in love with their oven). I still have some saved recipes though, so today I’d like to share a recipe for THE BEST chocolate-honey cookies to ever exist.
I’m being serious, they are amazing. Just looking at the pictures makes me miss them so much. I’ve made them before I left Poland, when my best friend was staying with me. I think they lasted like 2 hours, and it’s only because we went out to get more beer when they were cooling. Otherwise they would be gone in 20 minutes.
They are very chocolately, very soft, and honey takes them to another level. I played around with the original recipe and ended up with one of my favorites. Try for yourself, you won’t be disappointed.
Chocolate Honey Cookies
Source: adapted from Sweet Pea’s Kitchen
- 1 ¾ cups all-purpose flour
- ¼ cup cocoa powder
- ¾ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 stick butter, softened
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- ½ cup honey
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 ½ cups (7 ounces) semisweet chocolate chunks
- Preheat the oven to 325F.
- In a medium bowl whisk together flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, and salt.
- In a big bowl mix butter with brown sugar. Once combines, add honey and vanilla extract.
- Add the dry ingredients and mix until the dough comes together.
- Fold in the chocolate chunks.
- Drop tablespoons of the dough on the prepared baking sheet. Bake for 8-10 minutes, or until set.
Źródło: zaadoptowano z Sweet Pea’s Kitchen
- 1 ¾ szklanki mąki
- ¼ szklanki kakao
- ¾ łyżeczki sody oczyszczonej
- ½ łyżeczki soli
- 110 gram miękkiego masła
- ¼ szklanki brązowego cukru
- ½ szklanki miodu
- 1 łyżeczka ekstraktu z wanilii
- 200 gram pokrojonej czekolady (najlepiej pół na pół mlecznej i deserowej)
- Rozgrzej piekarnik do 160°C.
- W średniej rozmiarów misce wymieszaj mąkę, kakao, sodę oczyszczoną, i sól.
- W dużej misce zmiksuj masło z brązowym cukrem. Gdy masa będzie jednolita, dodaj miód I ekstrakt z wanilii, znowu mieszając.
- Dodaj suche składniki i wymieszaj, aż się połączą.
- Wmieszaj pokrojoną czekoladę.
- Pełne łyżki ciasta układaj na blaszce do pieczenia. Piecz przez 8-10 minut.
4 thoughts on “Chocolate Honey Cookies”
Thanks for bringing these to Fiesta Friday. We have a lot of chocolate fans among us who will devour these in no time. And then we will make our own!